Friday, October 13, 2006

Post "cold" front fishing

Yesterday afternoon we had a cold front come through. It really didn't bring any arctic temperatures but it did bring some cooler weather. I was working from home all day and my wife said to head to the pond while the kids were at soccer pratice so I got to the pond about a half hour before sunset. Even though I was there for a short time (about 45 minutes), the brim were going nuts. They were simply attacking the #12 beadheaded olive hare's ear I was casting on my 4wt. It was a brim on almost every cast below a large willow tree.

Maybe this "cold" front has triggered something in the fish to start feeding for winter. I intend to fish the lake near my house for a couple of hours tomorrow morning to see how the bass and brim behave there.

No comments: