Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back from Walt Disney World

I didn't get any fishing in last weekend or this one since I spent a wonderful week with the family in Buena Vista, Florida visiting each of the Walt Disney World parks. It was a memorable time and I probably took at least a couple of hundred photos that I won't post here except for this one of the iconic Cinderella's castle.

It rained just about every day and the humidity made it feel somewhat uncomfortable at times. Of all the parks, I think my youngest kids like Magic Kingdom the best while my wife and I really liked Hollywood Studios. The world showcase section of Epcot is pretty cool and Animal Kingdom is a very neat park but you are outdoors far more than in the other parks.

This was our second trip to Disneyworld Florida in four years. Next time, we may stay at the Port Orleans Disney resort since it has a fishing pier with a lake stocked with brim and catfish for catch and release fishing. They actually have guided bass fishing trips and bass fishing tournaments at the lake at Magic Kingdom. So, I may take my 5 weight with me next time and maybe I will be able to post a fishing related report then.

No comments: