Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Two weeks 'til Yarborough Pass

Looks like I'll get a chance to head back to the Texas coast in a couple of weeks. I talked with my cousin from Corpus Christi and he's planning a fish-a-thon at Yarborough Pass. Cool! YP is located about 15 miles south of Padre Island National Seashore near Corpus Christi. I finally get a chance to satisfy a salt fix. The last time I fished saltwater was in March (that trip yield a 28" gator speckled trout but that's another story to tell once I get a copy of a photo of the trout). YP is in a fairly remote location that needs a 4x4 vehicle to get you there but once you get there there are some prime flats on the Laguna Madre side to catch redfish and speckled trout. I'm pretty excited about this. Hopefully, I'll get to catch my first slot red for the year that weekend!

No comments: