Friday, January 05, 2007

Fishing before a front


Supposedly tomorrow will have high temperatures in the 50s with winds between 20 and 30 mph. That will be a big change from today's clear skies, calm winds and 73 degree weather. So, I went to my favorite local pond an hour and half before dusk to see if the brim were biting.

Shortly after arriving it looked as if there was a hatch occurring. Not a big one but I could see the brim sipping bugs in the calm, clear water. I tied on a size 14 stimulator and proceeded to catch about a dozen brim within the hour. The fish were cold to the touch though they fought well regardless. I expect the water temperature was somewhere around 58 degrees.

This was a nice way to wrap up a hectic work week.

If the weather warms back up on Sunday, I might head to the San Gabriel to do some exploring given we had a couple of inches of rain earlier in the week and so it should be flowing nicely.

No comments: