Monday, January 01, 2007

First fish of the New Year


Vacation time had to end unfortunetly. I do have a desk job that I need to return to tomorrow. Today I just took it easy and had one hour to fish the local park pond.

The skies were clear and blue and the temperature cool (around 54 degrees) with light winds. This time of year the pond get cold and clear. When I got there I saw several brim milling around the edge of the shore under a large ash tree.

I caught the first fish on a size 10 black gurgler. I had more luck with sub surface flies moved very slowly through the water. The takes were very subtle.

I think I caught about 8 redbreast sunfish and greenies in the one hour I was there. A good way to start the new year and freshen and relax the mind before starting work tomorrow.

No comments: