Monday, June 12, 2006

Opened a water quality/spill report

After I mentioned the nasty conditions of a certain section of the San Gabriel river to some fellow fly fishers, one suggested I open a report with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). I went ahead and called the TCEQ hotline this morning and did just that. I explained as where the section that was foul was and what we encountered, e.g. areas of unpassable bright green floating algae, and they gave me a report number after I gave them all the details and my contact information. They told me they would turn it over to the regional arm of the TCEQ to investigate the water quality. I sure hope something good comes from it. I don't consider myself any more of a environmentalist than anyone else but something had to be done about it.

No comments: